Wildkitten Den Sick Policy
The following list is a guideline we follow when determining the health of a child. These guidelines are written in accordance with the Arizona Department of Health Services. These guidelines have been setup to help eliminate some of the problems that arise when a child becomes ill at our center.
CHILDREN MUST BE SENT HOME WHEN THEY BECOME ILL WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS:
1. FEVER: if the fever is over 100 degrees, the child cannot return to the center until they have been fever free for at least 24 hours without the assistance of medication.
3. DIARRHEA: We will send a child home after the third case, unless the case is severe. If the case is severe, the child will be sent home after the first incident. We reserve the right to determine on an individual basis what is severe.
4. ANY UNDETERMINED RASHES
5. SEVERE NASAL DISCHARGE: green, discolored mucus from the nose.
6. EYE REDNESS WITH DISCHARGE
7. UNUSUAL BEHAVIOR OF A CHILD
THE DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES STIPULATES THESE GUIDELINES ALONG WITH A PROVISION WHICH ALLOWS US TO ASK THAT A CHILD BE REMOVED FROM THE CENTER FOR REASONS OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED ABOVE.
Your child may not return the following day if they have been sent home and must be symptom-free upon their return.
PLEASE HELP US:
1. Do not bring your child to the center ill.
2. Please call when your child is sick. Let us know if there is a communicable illness that your child has contracted.
3. NO MEDICATION WILL BE DISPENSED WITHOUT THE REQUIRED FORMS COMPLETED. We will only administer medicines prescribed by a doctor, or with a doctor’s written permission and dosage.
4. During enrollment, please make arrangements for your child in case of illness. When children need to be sent home, it is necessary to have immediate response in order to prevent other children from being continuously exposed to illness. Sick children must be picked up within an hour of being notified.
5. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR EMERGENCY NUMBERS REGULARLY.