September 16, 2021
Dear Wildcat Families,
As we near the end of the first quarter, we wanted to thank you for all your hard work to ensure students are at school ready for new learning adventures and opportunities. Morenci School District continues to prioritize safety as its top concern for students, families, and staff. These protection strategies are critical to keeping schools open for learning and to ensure extra-curricular activities are not canceled.
MUSD Safety Procedures
As a school district, we will continue to promote the following procedures.
- Strongly encourage students and staff to wear masks to help slow the
- Practice social distancing when possible within the classroom, activities, and interactions with
- Promote frequent handwashing and respiratory
- Sanitization of all workstations on a regular
Greenlee County Health Quarantine Procedures
Morenci School District is in constant contact with the Greenlee County Health Department and follows the following quarantine procedures that have been established by our county health director and epidemiologist.
- Any student who tests positive will be quarantined for fourteen (14)
- Any student who is in close contact will be contacted by the Greenlee County Health Department and placed in quarantine with two
- 10 Day Quarantine - Students will be allowed to return to school after Day 10 without testing if no symptoms have been reported during daily self-monitoring.
- 7 Day Quarantine with Testing - Students will be allowed to test for COVID on Day 7. If the quarantined person provides a negative COVID test and no symptoms have been reported during daily self-monitoring, the student will be allowed to return to school on Day 8. Tests are available at the Morenci High Please contact 928-865-3601 for more information.
Vaccinations are available throughout our community for ages 12 and older. Gila Health Resources has scheduled another clinic on Saturday, September 25th at the Morenci Club from 8 am - 2 pm. At this time, this clinic is for individuals who would like to obtain their first or second dose.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our community safe; together all things are possible. All Paws In,
Morenci Unified School District #wearemorenci
For a PDF copy of this letter please click here: September 2021 Family Letter